[SmartcardServices-Dev] SmartCardServices in OSX 10.8

Frank Marien frank at apsu.be
Tue Aug 13 12:06:38 PDT 2013

Thomas,

I don't have the answers to your questions, exactly..
What I do know is that despite the fork involved with SmartCardServices,
the pcsc-lite project still builds on OSX, out-of-the-box (given
macports and proper command-line tools), and it could therefore quite
easily be packaged by "a third party" that would require an up-to-date
pcscd/ccid combo. We've been investigating doing exactly that and so
your scenario may be quite imminent.

We're wondering about the future, also. I don't really see how we can
continue to support the OSX platform, or begin supporting iOS, without
at least some information from the manufacturer.

Frankly, if it were a matter of personal choice, I would have dropped
the entire platform 2 years ago. With that kind of attitude..

WKR,
-f