[SmartcardServices-Dev] SmartCardServices in OSX 10.8

Henry B. Hotz hotz at jpl.nasa.gov
Tue Aug 13 13:24:29 PDT 2013

+1

I suppose these comments belong on Fed-Talk, but we (as a NASA contractor) need to move forward with supporting smart card login and PKINIT.  I'm concerned that Apple's support appears to be lagging our needs.  It seems like a capability that ought to be part of the OS, especially since it *was* part of the OS in 10.6.

I'm reluctant to recommend a 3rd party, however capable they are (and there are at least two that I would trust to know what they are doing).  It just makes support harder, the more parties we need to integrate.

Henry.B.Hotz at jpl.nasa.gov, or hbhotz at oxy.edu