[SmartcardServices-Dev] SmartCardServices in OSX 10.8

Frank Marien frank at apsu.be
Tue Aug 13 14:55:49 PDT 2013

On 08/13/13 22:34, Henry B. Hotz wrote:
> If there were a MacPorts package that also provided updated versions of all the pieces from opensc-project + smartcard sniffer + pam_krb5, I would be very interested.
This, I don't know. What I wanted to find out was how hard it would be
to build a functional pcsclite daemon/client libs and CCID libs from
source on OSX, today.

The conclusion was: with just a few tools considered basic on e.g.
GNU/Linux and one lib from macports: very easy indeed.

I basically recall that I needed automake/autoconf (probably ok from the
XCode command-line tools, not sure, I had a bunch of ports already
installed), and libusb..So that's easy..

I suspected as much but since Ludovic has just confirmed this in a
well as the other platforms, for internal reasons, but nevertheless:
that work is already done.

> It adds up to a lot of surgery on MacOS, so however doable it may be, it seems like too much for anyone outside of Apple.
I agree that while it seems technically very doable, it is Apple's job
to either make good use of all that work, or to make a statement about
what their plans are instead.

-f