[SmartcardServices-Dev] SmartCardServices in OSX 10.8

Ludovic Rousseau ludovic.rousseau at gmail.com
Wed Aug 14 11:02:48 PDT 2013

2013/8/13 Frank Marien <frank at apsu.be>:

> On 08/13/13 22:34, Henry B. Hotz wrote:
>> If there were a MacPorts package that also provided updated versions of all the pieces from opensc-project + smartcard sniffer + pam_krb5, I would be very interested.
> This, I don't know. What I wanted to find out was how hard it would be
> to build a functional pcsclite daemon/client libs and CCID libs from
> source on OSX, today.
>
> The conclusion was: with just a few tools considered basic on e.g.
> GNU/Linux and one lib from macports: very easy indeed.
>
> I basically recall that I needed automake/autoconf (probably ok from the
> XCode command-line tools, not sure, I had a bunch of ports already
> installed), and libusb..So that's easy..
>
> I suspected as much but since Ludovic has just confirmed this in a
> well as the other platforms, for internal reasons, but nevertheless:
> that work is already done.

The pcsc-lite I maintain is far from the pcsc-lite Apple forked some years ago.
They are not equivalent.

The "official" pcsc-lite do not support securityd, do not support both
32 and 64-bits drivers, do not support Roseta, etc.
I do NOT recommand (or even suggest) to use the official pcsc-lite on Mac OS X.

As I wrote in my previous email a lot of work is needed to merge the 2 versions.

Bye

--
 Dr. Ludovic Rousseau