[SmartcardServices-Dev] Effort to rebuild smartcard services on Mac from ground up

Chris Inacio nacho319 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 22 12:23:59 PDT 2015

I can't respond to Dr. Rousseau directly for list subscription reasons, so
sorry about screwing up the thread a bit.

I would be impressed if "gpg2 --card-status" didn't just hang.  I
understand that GPG has its own card server program and wants exclusive
access to the Yubikey.  GPG2 works on RARE occasion and I can't figure out
the why's and when's even though I've tried.

But from reading various looks at Apple's current smartcard service, it
seems like it doesn't get a lot of love.  I assume that Apple hasn't really
dedicated a significant number of engineers to this.  And from reading your
blog, Dr. Rousseau, it doesn't feel like you believe in Apple's roadmap, at
least from the parts that are visible.