[SmartcardServices-Users] CAC-NG Beta Leo and PPC (OS 10.5.8)

Dr. M. J. Hewlett hewlett at u.arizona.edu
Sat Jul 3 07:26:44 PDT 2010

Hi, everyone:

I'm new to this list, so let me apologize if this has already been discussed.

I'm trying to help my son with a PowerBook G4 (OS 10.5.8) get set up to read his CAC.  The card is of the new type (Gemalto TOP DL GX4 144K,  or CAC-NG).  We have upgraded the firmware on the reader and installed CAC-NG Beta Leo.  However, when we insert the card, KeyChain Access does not allow access.  The card is listed, but with not certificates shown.  This same card will work on my MacBook Pro (Intel, OS 10.6.4), allowing access to the certificates.

Has anyone else had this same problem?  If so, is there something else we can do?

Thank you for your responses,

Marty Hewlett
Martinez J. Hewlett, Ph.D., O.P.L.
Dept. of Molec. & Cell. Biology
Univ. of Arizona, Tucson, Arizona
and
Dominican School of Philosophy and Theology
Graduate Theological Union
Berkeley, California
hewlett at u.arizona.edu

"Contemplare et contemplatus aliis tradere"