[SmartcardServices-Users] NG CAC Problems

Mike Masica rmmasica at mac.com
Tue Jul 6 20:31:11 PDT 2010

I am having issues accessing DoD CAC-enabled sites from my home
computer (MacBook 2.2GHz Intel Core 2 Duo with OSX 10.5.8) using
Safari Version 5.0 (5533.16) since I received an updated DoD Gemalto
TOPDLGX4 144 Smart Card.  I was able to access DoD sites (specifically https://webmail.east.nmci.navy.mil/)
  with my old CAC card without issue.

When I open Keychain Access with the CAC in the card reader, I am able
to see the CACNG in the list and see four certificates (2 DOD CA-24
and 2 DOD EMAIL CA-24 certificates) and am able to set an identity
preference assigning the certificate (DOD EMAIL CA-24) but when I try
to access the NMCI webmail site listed above, I get into a do-loop in
Safari where it keeps asking me which certificate I want to use.

I have reviewed the Smart Card Services users list and see several
other tickets describing this same problem.

Please advise on any tips to correct this discrepancy.

Thank you.

Regards,
Mike Masica