[SmartcardServices-Users] (no subject)

rmmasica at fastmail.fm rmmasica at fastmail.fm
Tue Jul 6 21:36:22 PDT 2010

I am having issues accessing DoD CAC-enabled sites from my home computer
(MacBook 2.2GHz Intel Core 2 Duo with OSX 10.5.8) using Safari Version
5.0 (5533.16) since I received an updated DoD Gemalto TOPDLGX4 144 Smart
Card.  I was able to access DoD sites (specifically
https://webmail.east.nmci.navy.mil/) with my old CAC card without issue.

When I open Keychain Access with the CAC in the card reader, I am able
to see the CACNG in the list and see four certificates (2 DOD CA-24 and
2 DOD EMAIL CA-24 certificates) and am able to set an identity
preference assigning the certificate (DOD EMAIL CA-24) but when I try to
access the NMCI webmail site listed above, I get into a do-loop in
Safari where it keeps asking me which certificate I want to use.

I have reviewed the Smart Card Services users list and see several other
tickets describing this same problem.

Please advise on any tips to correct this discrepancy.

Thank you.

Regards,
Mike Masica