[SmartcardServices-Users] Smartcard support from third party dylib

Shawn A. Geddis geddis at mac.com
Wed Sep 29 09:57:03 PDT 2010

On Sep 29, 2010, at 9:41 AM, Ludovic Rousseau wrote:
> Shawn, no. Sorry but you are wrong here.
> I confirm that [1] is the tokend above PKCS#11 written by Gemalto (and
> not by me. I just archived the code in the repository).
>
> I searched the subversion repository of the SmartCardServices project
> but could not find the PKCS#11 above tokend from Apple [2]. Shawn, is
> it archived in the SmartCardServices project?
>
> Bye
>
>> [1] http://smartcardservices.macosforge.org/trac/browser/trunk/Tokend/PKCS11
>> [2] /usr/libexec/SmartCardServices/pkcs11/tokendPKCS11.so
>
> --
>  Dr. Ludovic Rousseau

Ludovic,

You are absolutely correct.  I obviously was in too much of a rush and included the wrong path to the source I was referencing.  The explanation I provided was correct, just a bad URL reference.

What I _should have_ referenced is the source posted here [1].  That source was then integrated into Mac OS X 10.6.0 and the compiled binary can indeed be found here [2].

Thanks for the catch here!

[1] http://smartcardservices.macosforge.org/trac/browser/branches/tokend/pk11-0009/TokendPKCS11
[2] /usr/libexec/SmartCardServices/pkcs11/tokendPKCS11.so

-Shawn
Shawn Geddis				  			   geddis at mac.com
Security Consulting Engineer				   geddis at apple.com

MacOSForge Project Lead:                           Smart Card Services
	Web:	http://smartcardservices.macosforge.org/