[SmartcardServices-Users] [Fed-Talk] Lion - CAC and other Smart Cards

Bob Colbert colbert at detk.net
Wed Jul 27 12:57:00 PDT 2011

Shawn,

I believe that the Cyberflex Acess 64k V2C Card (ORC-issued ECA Smart Card) is a Java-type card if this means anything.  I believe the technical details are the following:

memory 64KB EEPROM for applets and data
Java Card Standard
Global Platform
ISO 2.1.1 (API, JCRE, JVM)
2.0.1
7816 (1,2,3), 7813, 7810
cryptographic algorithms RSA 1024, 2048
DES, 3DES (CBC EBC)
SHA-1 hashing
API for AES128
cryptographic features Global PIN Support
Global Platform (mandadet) DAP
Mutual Authentication through Global Platform Secure Channel
evaluated FIPS 140-2 Level 3

Im not sure if this means anything to you or if the upcoming Tokends from the MacOSForge site will support these.  Support of this card is important for DoD contractors that use the DISA-desiginated External Certificate Authority - http://iase.disa.mil/pki/eca/  ORC is one of the approved vendors for this program - http://eca.orc.com/

If not, I doubt Pkard would help either.

Bob Colbert
DE Technologies, Inc.
118 Sleepy Hollow Drive
Suite 1