[SmartcardServices-Users] Oberthur support

Shawn Geddis geddis at apple.com
Thu Sep 1 12:21:30 PDT 2011

On Aug 31, 2011, at 1:46 PM, Reese, Brian, CTR, Fort Meade-IRM wrote
> Hello,
>
> Are we ever going to see support added for the Oberthur ID One 128 v5.5 Dual on the CACNG tokend? These cards are becoming more popular in the DoD. Thursby's tokend breaks the ability to decrypt emails so there doesn't seem to be any alternatives for those with Oberthur cards. It feels like we've been waiting years for this. With Lion no longer shipping with any tokend files, I'm afraid this issue is not receiving any attention.

Brian,

Yes, you should expect to see the Oberthur ID One 128 v5.5 Dual cards supported in coming releases.

Sorry for the delays in this support.

-Shawn
Shawn Geddis				  			   geddis at me.com
Security Consulting Engineer                              geddis at apple.com

MacOSForge Project Lead:                           Smart Card Services
	Web:	http://smartcardservices.macosforge.org/