[SmartcardServices-Users] [Fed-Talk] Trying to attach smart card reader to VM on OS 10.8

Henry B. Hotz hotz at jpl.nasa.gov
Tue Dec 18 17:11:46 PST 2012

On Dec 12, 2012, at 2:21 AM, Ludovic Rousseau wrote:

> pcscd should be started in Mac OS X the next time you plug a smart card reader.

This thread was all about how to prevent this.  Pretty sure if you want to prevent it, then step 5 is needed.  In fact the rest of the procedure was about making it possible to do step 5.

We wanted the reader connected to a VirtualBox VM instead of to the host MacOS.  I'm guessing by the time I cc'ed this list that some of the context had fallen off.
Henry.B.Hotz at jpl.nasa.gov, or hbhotz at oxy.edu