[SmartcardServices-Users] Searching Directory Services for certificates in Lion

Shawn Geddis geddis at me.com
Fri Mar 2 23:15:17 PST 2012

Keep in mind that you need to have enabled this in Keychain Access by selecting the “Search directory services for certificates” and having the appropriate Directory Server configured via Directory Utility.

If you have both KA & DU configured properly, you should file a bug and provide extensive profile/logging information.

Running the command line simply verifies the the system CAN locate a certificate, but be careful of the case sensitivity on the local part of the RFC822Name as we had noted so many times no this list.  If you are trying to encrypt a message to someone and you are entering their address using an alternate version of the address (ie. case variance) then Mail will not be able to locate and use the certificate.

> Even searching the contact in the GAL displays the correct cert for the contact.

What are you performing to do a search in the GAL, Address Book ?  dscl ?  using Outlook ?

- Shawn
Shawn Geddis
Security Consulting Engineer
Apple Enterprise Division