[SmartcardServices-Users] CAC Card Issue

Shawn Geddis geddis at me.com
Fri Jul 5 06:33:04 PDT 2013

On Jul 3, 2013, at 11:14 PM, c <buffs34 at yahoo.com> wrote:
> I have a macbook pro with OS X 10.8.4 installed.  I downloaded the installer from the website and had no problems.  However I was issued a new CAC card - Oberthur ID one 128 v5.5.  I cannot access any of the prior sites I used to be able to access.  When I go to keychain access I can see the card, It says CAC followed by a bunch of numbers.  When I click to unlock it asks for my keychain password but will not open.  The card works fine on my Windows computer but I can't use on my mac.
> CK

CK,

As is noted on the Project website and in the installer....
 • CACNG* (Gemalto TOPDLGX4 144 - ONLY at this time)

The "Oberthur ID one 128 v5.5” is not currently supported by the CACNG Tokend provided here.  For immediate support of your CACNG, you will need to acquire one from the commercial vendors...
Check the list/links at the bottom of   — http://smartcardservices.macosforge.org/trac/wiki/tokend

- Shawn
Shawn Geddis
Enterprise Security Consulting Engineer, Apple 	   (geddis at apple.com)
SCAP-On-Apple Project/Dev Lead:		     		   (SCAP-On-Apple.MacOSForge.Org)
SmartCardServices Project/Dev Lead:			  	   (SmartCardServices.MacOSFforge.Org)