[SmartcardServices-Users] [OT] MS CA and OpenSC

Yoann Gini yoann.gini at gmail.com
Sat Nov 16 05:54:21 PST 2013

Hi folks,

Before being able to make PKINIT work with OS X and Active Directory, I need to be able to create a certificate with the good capabilities.

MS CA have a specific template made for smart card authentication that need to be used to create a certificate who support PKINIT.

The problem I have is, this certificate when created is marked as un-exportable, so I can’t just create a p12 on a Windows and load it on my smart card from an OS X computer. I have to make my OpenSC SmartCard fully functional on Windows system to be able to create and load directly my certificate from a Windows system who can run the MMC Certificate administrative tool.

And here is the problem, I’ve installed the OpenSC driver on my Windows but the system don’t recognize it correctly.

I’m clearly off topic here but since the final goal is the SmartCard on OS X, I hope you won’t blame me…

So, if someone here have experience with OpenSC and Windows, I would like an quick help :-)

Best regards,
Yoann.