[SmartcardServices-Users] Process behind /etc/cacloginconfig.plist

Daly, John CIV NAVAIR, 4L6200D john.l.daly at navy.mil
Fri Nov 15 06:47:22 PST 2013

HI Yoann.
Thanks to your blogs, I've been able to get smart card authentication working with Open Directory, but never using cacloginconfig.plist.
I can marry an attribute in the user account to an attribute in the card in cacloginconfig.plist, but it still fails to log in on OpenDirectory.
kerberos has likewise never worked, either with the pubkeyhash configuration or the cacloginconfig.plist.
rumor has it that if the PKI-INIT worked, then kerberos would also work with cacloginconfig.plist, but it sounds like that might not be the case, since supposedly Active Directory is PKI-INIT capable, where apple's OpenDirectory is not.

If you get it working, I'd love to see the blog on it.

thanks
John

Message: 2