[SmartcardServices-Users] Sending S/MIME Smartcard-Signed E-Mail on Mavericks

Chris Leduc chrisleduc at me.com
Sat Oct 19 03:41:06 PDT 2013

Hello List!

I use a SuisseID Smartcard to send signed E-Mail through Outlook. Outlook recognizes that the smart card is inserted into the Mac and lets me sign it properly. However, Mail.app does not show me the usual sign/encrypt buttons.

The feature is still there, since it works when a certificate/key pair is installed directly in the keychain (from symantec in that instance).

Any experience with that?

Cheers
Chris