[SmartcardServices-Users] Setup guide.

Yoann Gini yoann.gini at gmail.com
Mon Oct 7 08:57:49 PDT 2013

Hi,

Le 7 oct. 2013 à 14:06, Sami M'Barek <saamii at gmail.com> a écrit :

> I've tried following an older guide made by Apple, stating to edit /etc/authentication without success.
> (http://support.apple.com/kb/TA24244)
>
> The card reader works without issues. I'm able to sign and encrypt mails with other certs on the card.
>
> Basically I'm wondering if someone can point me in the right direction regarding login in to my OS X system using Smart Cards from internal CAs.

I’ve write a blog article about that http://blog.inig-services.com/archives/1068

It’s in french but you can use Google Translate if you need, some people already used it successfully.

Are you trying to authenticate user with network home folder? Or with Kerberized services? If yes, know you gonna have a problem, your Kerberos Server also need to handle PKI based authentication. This is not covered in my article at this time. I want to write something on this subject but I didn’t have the time, too much work at this time to take the time to write…

Otherwise, if you’ve local home folder (even with network account) and no services using Kerberos, you can use this system without any problems.