[SmartcardServices-Users] PIVKey t800

Shawn Geddis geddis at icloud.com
Wed Dec 2 22:55:06 PST 2015

Will,

The "PIVKey T800” is indeed already supported by the CCID driver included with El Capitan.

Run the falling command on your system and you will see
$ cat /usr/libexec/SmartCardServices/drivers/ifd-ccid.bundle/Contents/Info.plist | grep PIVKey
		<string>PIVKey T800</string>

It is also listed on Dr. Ludovic’s ccid hw supported page:
http://pcsclite.alioth.debian.org/ccid/section.html#288 <http://pcsclite.alioth.debian.org/ccid/section.html#288>

The real questions is, what card profile (applet) is loaded on that device and do you have a corresponding tokend loaded for that ?

HW Reader support is only part of the whole equation.

- Shawn