[SmartcardServices-Users] CryptoTokenKit.framework in Yosemite

Ludovic Rousseau ludovic.rousseau at gmail.com
Wed Jan 28 07:28:18 PST 2015

> Hi folks,

Hello,

> I’m wondering, does one of you has already seen the new smart cards
> framework in 10.10 being used?
>
> If I’m right, CryptoTokenKit.framework has no public documentation
> available. I’m curious to know how it play with existing SmartCards model in
> OS X.
>
> Is it a high level API allowing Cocoa Apps to talk with SmartCards via pcscd
> or is it something new who need customer drivers for the cards and the
> reader?

I wrote a bit about CryptoTokenKit in "OS X Yosemite and smart cards
status" [1].

At that time I found a sample code at
"CryptoTokenKit-TrivialExample-OpenSC" [2].
I now found another "discussion" about this new API at "Objective C /
Mac / Yosemite : Read smart card with new CryptoTokenKit API" [3]

I have not yet played with this new API myself.

Bye

[1] http://ludovicrousseau.blogspot.fr/2014/11/os-x-yosemite-and-smart-cards-status.html
[2] https://github.com/dirkx/CryptoTokenKit-TrivialExample-OpenSC
[3] https://stackoverflow.com/questions/28010185/objective-c-mac-yosemite-read-smart-card-with-new-cryptotokenkit-api