[SmartcardServices-Users] Cannot use my Yubikey Neo

Blumenthal, Uri - 0558 - MITLL uri at ll.mit.edu
Thu Mar 5 13:26:04 PST 2015

1. I would not call it "works". What you got is having the card *recognized* - one/first step on a potentially long road.

2. No, there are *three* lots for PK keys. The fourth one is for 3DES authentication/management key.

3. "yubico-piv-tool --help" (I think - maybe it was on NEO PIV web page) tells what these slots are: one for Digital Signature cert, one for Key Management cert (i.e. encryption), one for PIV Authentication (I think it is Identity cert), and one for card management (3DES). I haven't seen any docs, but Yubico web page on NEO PIV lists those.

In summary, OpenSC.tokend is busted, and attempts to recompile it did not produce a usable program. Anybody who understands it cares to pitch in?

--
Regards,
Uri Blumenthal                            Voice: (781) 981-1638

Web:  http://www.ll.mit.edu/CST/
MIT LL Root CA:  <https://www.ll.mit.edu/labcertificateauthority.html>