[SmartcardServices-Users] OS X 10.11: add CCID-compliant device support

Мироненко Евгений mironenko at rutoken.ru
Wed Oct 14 06:10:35 PDT 2015

Hi all,

I wonder what is the best way to make CCID-compliant device work on OS X 10.11. The device is normally supported by libccid.dylib, but not listed in Info.plist. In pre-el-capitan era I used to patch Info.plist and add device description there. Now with SIP enabled patching cannot be performed. Is there any way of extending the list of devices supported by ifd-ccid.bundle? Or is putting another (custom) ifd-ccid.bundle to "/usr/local/libexec/..." the only thing I can do?
Providing device support is expected to be performed during installation process on end-user machine, so disabling SIP is not the answer.

Regards,
Eugene Mironenko