[SmartcardServices-Users] Italian social services smartcard

Bernardo Höhl bernardo at correiofacil.com
Sun Aug 7 14:38:45 PDT 2016

Hello Luca.

Thanks for the long explanation.

The most useful information you have not provided: what smartcard you have.

They are sold as this:

And so the Italian card could be any card, printed with anything.

You might have a small writing I the back of your card indicating the model.

You need to find the middleware or software provided by your card manufacturer.

This software will allow your computer to interact with your card.

If tokend support is provided by your card manufacturer you will be able to use your card using Safari.

https://smartcardservices.macosforge.org/trac/wiki/tokend

But if my guess is correct, and you have a G&D card http://m.gi-de.com/en/products_and_solutions/index.jsp? You will only be able to use your card under Firefox by adding a module.

http://www.e-imza.az/downloads/guide/en/Setting%20Firefox%20Web%20browser%20with%20smart%20card%20for%20work.pdf

So, if your message ends up ignored by the group, try first find what card you have.

The middleware or software package proposed for MSWindows will provide you a good clue of what card you have.

Feel free to contact me in private.

Good luck.

Bernardo Höhl
Rio de Janeiro