[SmartcardServices-Users] Centrify vs Smart Card Services tokend

ur20980 uri at ll.mit.edu
Tue Mar 29 11:55:04 PDT 2016

Ah, that explains it.

In that case I guess that for practical purposes we can consider this tokend deep-six’ed? Those who need support can fall back on PKard.tokend, and those who want working buildable source can use https://github.com/mouse07410/OpenSC.tokend <https://github.com/mouse07410/OpenSC.tokend> .

What is your opinion? Is there any value in trying to resurrect this corpse?

> On Mar 27, 2016, at 22:32 , Ridley DiSiena <rdisiena at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> The struggle is real... the tokend code is quite old and the dependency build environment is of the same vintage. The code from Mac OS Forge can be built on 10.6.x and the matching version of Xcode is 3.2.1. A challenge is that the standard OS X 10.6 can't be virtualized, however the server version can be, which does suffice for that build environment. With that vintage environment the darwin build instructions provided will work without alteration. I'd like to claim credit for figuring out the Xcode 3.2.1 version dependency but it was from an archive of one of these related lists and someone from the DOD that figured that out. I don't believe it is published in any instructions or guidance AFAIK.
>
> -Ridley
>
> On Fri, Mar 25, 2016 at 4:51 PM, Blumenthal, Uri - 0553 - MITLL <uri at ll.mit.edu <mailto:uri at ll.mit.edu>> wrote:
>
> I wonder if somebody would be kind enough to help me build SmartCardServices – I tried and failed miserably. Apparently the project file(s) aren’t enough. I’ve Mac OS X 10.10.5 and 10.11.4, Xcode 7.2.1 and 7.3, and my attempt to build fails because all the frameworks (and their include files) are not found (trying to add them manually did not help).

Regards,
Uri               <uri at ll.mit.edu>