[SmartcardServices-Users] MacOS Sierra 10.12.5 error

Matt Lichtenberg lichtenboogie at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 17 09:14:22 PDT 2017

Hello,

I’m trying to use my CAC reader on my mac and am unable to open the .pkg file for the latest MacOS Sierra version.  I get the following message:

I searched through your message archives to see if others have found a resolution to this issue.  The only person I saw who gave advice was Bill Maloy (contractor) on the June 2017 Archives message list:

First, open up System Preferences, click "Security & Privacy" and then
select the General tab.
Note the "lock" in the lower left of the window.  Unlock it using
Administrator credentials.
Leave the window visible as you double-click the previously downloaded
Smartcard
Services 2.1.2 [OSX 10.12].pkg file.  You should get a message about the
file not being
opened because it's from an unidentified developer.  Click Ok.  Now,
refer back to the
Security & Privacy window, and you'll see a message about the package being
blocked and why ... but there should now be an "Open Anyway" button.
Click it.

You'll then get additional warnings and multiple opportunities to change
your mind.
I did everything he said to do, but I don’t get the “unidentified developer” message. I still get the same message pop up as mentioned above.  I’m trying to access the AF Portal from my MacBook Pro.  Any help you can provide would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks!

Sincerely,

Matthew Lichtenberg