[Tokend-Dev] Keychain Access does not dynamically update the keychain list on Snow Leopard Mac OS X 10.6.1 (10B504)

Ludovic Rousseau ludovic.rousseau at gmail.com
Fri Oct 23 01:42:42 PDT 2009

Hello smart card users,

I just reported problem ID 7329889 (copy bellow)
I would like to know if it is a known problem or only in my configuration.

Bye

23-Oct-2009 10:36 AM Ludovic Rousseau:
keychain does not appear in the Keychain Access application.
I have to quit and restart Keychain Access to have my new keychain displayed.

Steps to Reproduce:
1. start Keychain Access
2. insert a supported smart card
3. wait, wait, wait. no new keychain displayed in the application

4. quit Keychain Access
5. start Keychain Access
6. a new keychain corresponding to the smart card is displayed

Expected Results:
1. start Keychain Access
2. insert a supported smart card
3. a new keychain corresponding to the smart card is displayed

Actual Results:
The new keychain is displayed only after the Keychain Access
application is restarted.
The same problem is also present when removing the smart card. The
keychain corresponding to the smart card is still displayed after the
card removal. The list is only updated after restarting Keychain
Access.

Regression:
Yes. This problem was not present in Leopard. It is new in Snow Leopard.

--
 Dr. Ludovic Rousseau