[Xquartz-dev] X11 2.1.0

Jeremy Huddleston jeremyhu at berkeley.edu
Sat Dec 1 21:31:53 PST 2007

>> 1.  What's the difference between xvfb and xfake?   How about xnest
>> and Xephyr?   I'm asking, because I'm trying to figure out what we
>> (Apple) need to pick up for a future update.
>
> I dunno... I just work here...

Looks like Xvfb and Xnest are dated and unmaintained... and Xephyr and
Xfake do all that they did plus more...  I'm guessing that we should
just include Xephyr and Xfake.  If people complain about the missing
Xnest/Xvfb and Xephyr/Xfake can't take care of their needs, then it is
probably a bug that needs to be fixed in Xephyr/Xfake.