[Xquartz-dev] The 2.1.0 package and Apple System Fonts

Merle Reinhart merlereinhart at mac.com
Sun Dec 2 09:35:26 PST 2007

I was noticing that one of the things 2.1.0 is supposed to fix is to
include /System/Library/Fonts and /Library/Fonts.  I can see the
changes in the fs config file and fc-cache sees the directories.

However, when I run xfontsel, it does not appear to see any of the
Apple system fonts.  Adding fonts to X11 has always been black magic
to me so I'm not sure if I'm just not doing something that I should be
or if this functionality isn't working as expected?

Thanks,

Merle