[Xquartz-dev] The 2.1.0 package and Apple System Fonts

Merle Reinhart merlereinhart at mac.com
Sun Dec 2 10:15:08 PST 2007

The other thing I noticed when I was poking around to see if I could
figure out what was going on is the commands fc-cat, fc-list and fc-
match all are looking for the now nonexistent /etc/fonts/fonts.conf
file.

[LeopardAlBook:~] merle% fc-match
Fontconfig error: Cannot load config file "/etc/fonts/fonts.conf"
Fontconfig error: Cannot load default config file
[LeopardAlBook:~] merle% fc-cat
Fontconfig error: Cannot load config file "/etc/fonts/fonts.conf"
Fontconfig error: Cannot load default config file
/usr/share/fonts: No such file or directory
[LeopardAlBook:~] merle% fc-list
Fontconfig error: Cannot load config file "/etc/fonts/fonts.conf"
Fontconfig error: Cannot load default config file

Merle