[Xquartz-dev] Re: Making Xquartz work with the Dock (and XDMCP)

Jeremy Huddleston jeremyhu at freedesktop.org
Sun Dec 2 11:39:49 PST 2007

And I actually want to take that idea a step further and make /A/U/
X11.app/C/M/X11 the *real* server which simply executes app_to_run
when executed straight and starts the server when launched by
launchd.  The user would have a defaults option to cause it to have
the tiger behavior of starting DISPLAY=:0 if they want to get rid of
launchd support.

Such a change is a bit too deep to make right now.  I think we should
keep 2.1.x as close as possible to the Official Leopard model and look
at 2.2.x (xorg-server-1.4-apple) and 2.3.x (master / 1.5-branch) for
more involved changes like this... especially since we're pretty close
to having a working 1.4 based xserver.  We just need to cleanup event
handling there a bit to get it on the same level as corg-server-1.2-
apple.

--Jeremy