[Xquartz-dev] X11-2.1.0.pkg released

Jeremy Huddleston jeremyhu at berkeley.edu
Sun Dec 2 13:10:09 PST 2007

Ok,

The X11-2.1.0 package is available on the site now: http://trac.macosforge.org/projects/xquartz/wiki/Releases

Thanks to everyone for testing and helping out.  I fixed the few
issues that came up.  If there is anything else you find with the
package, please file a bug on our bug tracker and assign it to the
'X11.pkg' (issues with the actual software should be assigned to
xserver, x11-libs, or x11-apps)

Regarding the reported isues:

File permissions: PackageMaker.app has a feature "Apply Suggestions"
or something to that effect which replaces file permissions in the
package with what they are on your installed system if that file
exists.  It seems that this is *always* done whether you hit the
button or not.  So I changed my permissions on my installed system and
it worked... Hopefully knowing this will save one of you the headache
I just had... /shrug

I also decided to just to the Rez if the user has Rez installed and
skip it otherwise.

I also included Xnest and Xvfb for now until we make sure Xephyr and
Xfake are regression free over them.

--Jeremy