[Xquartz-dev] The 2.1.0 package and Apple System Fonts

Merle Reinhart merlereinhart at mac.com
Sun Dec 2 16:32:21 PST 2007

One thing I was noticing when comparing the "xset q" output between
Tiger and Leopard is on Leopard, at the bottom under 'Font cache:' is
says 'Server does not have the FontCache Extension'.  It apparently
does on Tiger as there is an active cache.

As far as fontconfig goes, there is a lot of documentation in /usr/X11/
share/doc/fontconfig.

I played around with defining a local ~/.fonts.conf like the docs
described and pointed at some extra fonts in another directory.  fc-
cache properly sees it, but the Xserver doesn't.  Perhaps the lack of
the FontCache Extension is related?

Merle