[Xquartz-dev] LSBackgroundOnly at runtime

Jeremy Huddleston jeremyhu at freedesktop.org
Tue Dec 4 17:33:10 PST 2007

So, I don't have much experience with launch-services, open-step, or
cocoa... so I'm going to be needing some crutches for a while...

I think I figured out what I need to do to eliminate the second dock
icon.  I need to manage the foreground/background-ness of the
application such that the launcher behaves as if LSBackgroundOnly=true
and the server behaves as if LSBackgroundOnly=false.  How does one go
about changing this at runtime to push a background app into the
foreground or visa-versa?  It looks like NSApplication.hide() isn't
right... that just causes the windows to hide, not push the app into
the background... any help?

Thanks,
Jeremy