[Xquartz-dev] Changed references of __DARWIN__ to __APPLE__

Peter O'Gorman peter at pogma.com
Wed Dec 12 10:58:26 PST 2007

Jeremy Huddleston wrote:
> __APPLE__ is set in the compiler's built-in CPPFLAGS, so it's safer.
> There were places that #ifdef __DARWIN__ existed but weren't triggered.
> So far nothing really bad, though.  The only ones I found were minor.
> One was in x11proto (and I think the only piece of code using that
> conditional was compiled with -D__DARWIN__), but it's not really
> critical anyways... just means some variables might start out not
> initialized to 0... and the other was in lndir (using lndir still linked
> .DS_Store).

Yeah, my only nit is that __APPLE__ identifies the vendor, not the OS.

But Apple only ships one OS these days, and I don't imagine anyone will
try to build x.org on classic or A/UX (not even sure that the tools on
those systems define __APPLE__, and can't be bothered to google it).

Peter
--
Peter O'Gorman
http://pogma.com