[Xquartz-dev] Changed references of __DARWIN__ to __APPLE__

Kevin Van Vechten kvv at apple.com
Wed Dec 12 11:19:32 PST 2007

On Dec 12, 2007, at 10:58 AM, Peter O'Gorman wrote:

> Yeah, my only nit is that __APPLE__ identifies the vendor, not the OS.

A valid point, but we tend to use __APPLE__ in changes we make to BSD
and Linux code, not __DARWIN__, so at least this change makes thing
more consistent.

> But Apple only ships one OS these days, and I don't imagine anyone
> will
> try to build x.org on classic or A/UX (not even sure that the tools on
> those systems define __APPLE__, and can't be bothered to google it).

I agree using __APPLE__ will likely have little (if any) practical
disadvantages, and will avoid the problem of forgetting to -
D__DARWIN__ which has happened to us a few times already.

- Kevin