[Xquartz-dev] x11-exec

Ben Byer bbyer at apple.com
Sun Dec 16 04:45:55 PST 2007

On Dec 15, 2007, at 8:49 AM, Jeremy Huddleston wrote:

> No, that's not the case.  The dock icon isn't a result of pretending
> to be a .app.  If you execute Xquartz directly right now, it has an
> icon.
>
> I think I know of a way to tackle this and start integrating with
> xinit.  I'm a bit busy this weekend but do have a few hours today
> and will finish during the week.
>
> Have you had a chance to look at the 1.4 event code?  I'd like to
> get that usable, so we can start putting out drop-in binaries using
> the 1.4 server code base to get feedback.  I've been keeping it and
> master up to date with all changes in the 1.2 branch (exept master
> doesn't yet have your null-pointer checking band-aid in fb).

Yes, I know you've been keeping the two in sync -- thanks.  Hopefully
you won't have to do that anymore -- switching to 1.4 is my #1
priority for this upcoming week.

After a bit of fiddling, I got xorg-server-1.4-apple to build and
run.   I've only tested it a little bit -- I ran quartz-wm, xterm and
xev -- and the events code seemed to be working correctly, except that
caps-lock needs to be hit 4 times to enable and then disable.  (I know
how to fix that one.)  I seem to recall you said that 'Shift' is broken?
-
Ben Byer
CoreOS / BSD Technology Group, XDarwin maintainer