[Xquartz-dev] Autolaunched X11 doesn't work with fast-user-switching

Merle Reinhart merlereinhart at mac.com
Sun Dec 16 17:57:59 PST 2007

Your comments prompted me to play a bit more.

On the default Leopard X11, if I kill X11 (I would force quit it),
the /tmp/.X*-lock file would remain behind.  Thus, the next time
starting the server, it would create a new higher increment lock file
as you described.

However, with the X11-2.1.1 package, killing X11 (again force quit)
would remove the /tmp/.X*-lock file.

I don't know if this helps (I think I'm just confirming what you were
saying), but there is definitely something different between the two
versions on the death of the xserver.

Merle