[Xquartz-dev] 2.2.0_rc2

Harald Hanche-Olsen hanche at math.ntnu.no
Sun Apr 6 04:01:22 PDT 2008

Inkscape has stopped working:

; /Applications/Inkscape.app/Contents/MacOS/Inkscape
dyld: Library not loaded: /usr/X11/lib/libfontconfig.1.dylib
  Referenced from: /usr/X11R6/lib/libXft.2.dylib
  Reason: Incompatible library version: libXft.2.dylib requires version 5.0.0 or later, but libfontconfig.1.dylib provides version 4.0.0

With otool -L I can see that libXft.2.dylib does indeed require
libfontconfig.1.dylib version 5, but I have a hard time to figure out
how to discover the actual version provided by libfontconfig ...
unless it is by running

; otool -l /usr/X11/lib/libfontconfig.1.dylib | less

and looking through the voluminous output, where I find this:

Load command 3
          cmd LC_ID_DYLIB
      cmdsize 60
         name /usr/X11/lib/libfontconfig.1.dylib (offset 24)
   time stamp 1 Thu Jan  1 01:00:01 1970
      current version 5.0.0
compatibility version 5.0.0

which I would naively take to mean that libfontconfig.1.dylib does
indeed supply version 5.0.0, but obviously dyld knows better.

Summing up, I am confused.  Does rc2 provided incompatible libraries,
and if not, what is going on here?

- Harald