[Xquartz-dev] XQuartz 2.2.0_rc3 (includes spaces fix)

Jamie Kennea jamie at pompey.org
Thu Apr 10 05:24:16 PDT 2008

On 10 Apr 2008, at 8:05 am, Harald Hanche-Olsen wrote:

> What I am driving at is that there may be some other factor at
> play on your system tickling the bug more often, and the underlying
> reason might have nothing to do with X11. Perhaps.

If it was just one system I see this on I'd agree with you, but I've
just verified this behaviour on a 4th unrelated system, and its 100%
repeatable every time, I've even tried creating a new user on the
machine to have a clean slate, and the problem still exists.

I can't reproduce the problem using other non-X11 apps (e.g.
Terminal.app).

At this point I'm completely lost as to what I'm doing differently
from everyone else. I'll describe the steps to reproduce the issue:

Start X11 (I clicked on the X11 icon).
Open an xterm in space 1
Move to space 2
open an xterm in the same location as on space 1
move to space 1
click on xterm - Spaces automatically moves back to space 2
move to space 1
click on xterm  - xterm focuses

Can nobody else reproduce this?

Jamie