[Xquartz-dev] XQuartz 2.2.0_rc3 (includes spaces fix)

Merle Reinhart merlereinhart at mac.com
Fri Apr 11 14:38:04 PDT 2008

I switched spaces using <control>-(number).  And as long as I didn't
move the cursor at all, I am apparently seeing what Martin and Jamie
are seeing.

So, I started up X11 and created an xterm in the default space.
My xterm started in the upper left corner.
Used <control>-2 to go to space 2.
<command>-<tab> to get X11 to be the active app.
<command>-N to create a new xterm (which will be in space 2).
this xterm should now be nearly completely overlapping the position of
the space 1 xterm.
Make sure the mouse cursor is in the upper left quadrant of the xterm
(ie, in the region of overlap).
<control>-1 to get back to space 1.
Without moving the cursor at all (it will not be visible because it is
actually still attached to the xterm in space 2), click the left mouse
button.  At least in my case, I get auto-switched to space 2 since
that's where the cursor still is.

Merle