[Xquartz-dev] XQuartz 2.2.0_rc3 (includes spaces fix)

Jamie Kennea jamie at pompey.org
Sat Apr 12 17:33:20 PDT 2008

On Apr 11, 2008, at 5:23 PM, Merle Reinhart wrote:
> Now I see what Jamie was talking about.  The trick was to not move
> the mouse (I had done so to get the cursor active in the new space).

Yes, this is clearly the issue. I guess I was just switching (with Ctrl
+cursor) and clicking on the trackpad button to activate the window
without moving the cursor. I can confirm that if I do purposefully
move the mouse before clicking on a window, then I don't see the
behaviour.

What about moving the mouse makes the difference I wonder, and why
Jeremy can't reproduce it (perhaps a very sensitive mouse that makes
it difficult to not move the cursor before clicking?!?). How many
systems and what type do you have to try out X11 on?

Cheers,

Jamie