[Xquartz-dev] XQuartz 2.2.0_rc3 (includes spaces fix)

Jamie Kennea jamie at pompey.org
Sat Apr 12 19:48:45 PDT 2008

On 12 Apr 2008, at 8:49 pm, Jeremy Huddleston wrote:

> Do you have any other applications running in either space?

It does the same thing whether or not I  have other applications
present.

> Can you give me detailed instructions on how to reproduce from a
> fresh-login with no other applications running (and can you please
> try with a new test-user as well and I will do the same).

OK, but there's no magic in this as far as I can tell, the only magic
seems to be on your machine! So far I've reproduced this on 8 machines
(I upgraded a bunch of Macs at work today to Leopard and rc5). I just
did the following:

Installed RC5 on my Intel Mac mini, added a new user called x11test
and logged out at the installer's prompting.

I logged back in as x11test, opened system preferences and enabled
Spaces.

Next I ran X11 by clicking on the icon. An xterm pops up.

I moved to space 2, and opened an other Xterm my hold-clicking the X11
Icon in the box and selecting Terminal from the menu. That new xterm
as focus.

Move the cursor up to it to a place where the xterms in spaces 1 and 2
are both present, and move back to space 1 using the keyboard shortcut
(no mouse movement).

Click on the xterm in space one without moving the pointer. Spaces
moves you back to space 2. Move back to space 1 and click again, the
xterm in Space 1 is highlighted.

Cheers,

Jamie