[Xquartz-dev] XQuartz 2.2.0_rc3 (includes spaces fix)

Pelle Johansson morth at morth.org
Sun Apr 13 12:01:37 PDT 2008

Hi,

I have no problem to reproduce it. The windows does not get focus when
I switch space. Some initial debugging seems to indicate that
RootlessReorderWindow is called twice, first for the correct window,
and then for the one in the different space. The second one (with the
wrong pWin) seem to have this backtrace:

#0  0x000215e6 in RootlessReorderWindow ()
#1  0x00083c98 in MoveWindowInStack ()
#2  0x00084771 in ReflectStackChange ()
#3  0x00085114 in ConfigureWindow ()
#4  0x00063921 in ProcConfigureWindow ()
#5  0x0006a575 in Dispatch ()
#6  0x00079071 in main ()

ProcessInputEvents() is called with a ButtonPress event before the
second call, but no other events. That's as far as I've gotten
tonight...

Another oddity, which might be related, is that if I switch spaces
back and forth with the keyboard, the xterm window will have moved to
the bottom of the global window stack, but still have keyboard focus.
Hrm, just noticed it happens even if it does not have focus before the
switch. For example, I have this mail editing window open, with an
xterm in the background, and switch spaces back and forth. The mail
window will still be frontmost, but it is the xterm that has focus
(maybe because X11 is the only app in my second space).

HTH,
--
Pelle Johansson