[Xquartz-dev] XQuartz 2.2.0_rc3 (includes spaces fix)

Pelle Johansson morth at morth.org
Mon Apr 14 12:35:31 PDT 2008

Hi,

yeah, seems that was a red herring. More (remote) debugging seems to
indicate the space switching is done by a call to CGSOrderWindow()
with the backtrace

#1  0x95aed819 in CGSOrderWindow ()
#2  0x00426cbc in _xp_configure_window_cb ()
#3  0x0041fca8 in _xp_async_thread ()
#4  0x942d5c55 in _pthread_start ()
#5  0x942d5b12 in thread_start ()

I guess this would indicate it is an issue in Apple-WM and not in the
actual X server? Obviously, this is deep inside Apple only code, so
not sure I can research it more, unless given some pointers. FWIW, the
space is changed at CGSOrderWindow() call number 2 or 3 out of 3 or 4
for that mouse click, it seems to vary a bit.
--
Pelle Johansson