[Xquartz-dev] Re: quartz-wm test version Re: Back to copy/paste.

Derek Fawcus dfawcus at cisco.com
Tue Apr 22 05:29:14 PDT 2008

On Mon, Apr 21, 2008 at 06:33:43PM -0700, Ben Byer wrote:

> On Apr 21, 2008, at 3:54 AM, Derek Fawcus wrote:
>
> Okay.  I build a version of quartz-wm, including the changes depicted
> below.  Let me know if you see anything else you want me to
> instrument.  The binary is available here: quartz-wm-20080421.bz2

Thanks.

Unfortunately _I_ cannot play with this - not having a 10.5 system yet.

As I anticipated,  this binary crashed under 10.4.11:

  Program received signal EXC_BAD_ACCESS, Could not access memory.
  Reason: KERN_INVALID_ADDRESS at address: 0x7541536e
  0x90a594c0 in objc_msgSend ()
  (gdb) bt
  #0  0x90a594c0 in objc_msgSend ()

(The above was the i386 version if that's of any interest).

If you are willing / able to compile up a Tiger compatible version,
Then I'll have a play around with the copy/paste code in a standalone
app (based on the published code).

DF