[Xquartz-dev] OT mail.app crash

Jordan K. Hubbard jkh at apple.com
Tue Apr 29 13:04:50 PDT 2008

On Apr 29, 2008, at 10:29 AM, Sierk Bornemann wrote:

> I think, it's the best, if Jonathan resigns from using SVG as email
> signature and use plain text or, if image is a "must have", png or
> jpeg, unless the cause is found or fixed by Apple.

I suspect it has been, though Jonathan should still re-consider using
images in his signature since, well, it's kind of obnoxious.  Even if
his users are not literate and communicate purely through symbols and
sign language, as he alludes, I'm not sure how having a signature
depicting an embarrassed cloud really helps in this regard.  At least,
I think it's blushing.  Maybe it's just shiny in the back, and those
are reflected light rays.  I dunno, a picture may be worth a thousand
words, but if you google for "unfortunate logos" you will also quickly
find that the words are not necessarily the ones people intend. :)

> Otherwise I have to filter out and ban Jonathan through my email
> filters to not reach my folder and let crashing my Mail.app all the
> time I want to read the Xquartz group's mail.

There's always alternative mail readers, but you might want to be
patient for just a wee bit longer...

- Jordan