[Xquartz-dev] OT mail.app crash

Jonathan Chetwynd j.chetwynd at btinternet.com
Tue Apr 29 13:44:46 PDT 2008

Jordan,

your attitude and comment is what's obnoxious. the fact is that these
users cannot easily communicate.
as a company rep. this may be in particularly poor taste.

The tools aren't there, the reason being that people who are
illiterate often have little disposable income which means the market
isn't 'commercial'.
I could include a whole page of images, but you might not understand
any better.

there are examples of poor graphics being used badly.
"ascf df iuvarn mtvix cv" is subject to interpretation.
I agree

there are better examples and you can find them, just look around you,
roadsigns, airports etc
then if you want sentence structure:
http://www.symbolworld.org/eLive/2008/apr08/news/snowstorm_america/snow1.htm
is just one. there are many more

The UK government commissioned these before our general election:
http://www.openicon.org/icon-ark/edemocracy.svgz
and a local borough created this PDF around voting:
http://www.makaton.org/docs/MakatonHowToVote.pdf
maybe if you can't read, you shouldn't get a vote?

google: jonathan chetwynd, Widgit, PCS, Makaton, Bliss or even ccf
  if you really are interested, there's a mass of work out there...

cheers

Jonathan Chetwynd

j.chetwynd at btinternet.com
http://www.openicon.org/