[Xquartz-dev] OT mail.app crash

Jordan K. Hubbard jkh at apple.com
Tue Apr 29 14:02:09 PDT 2008

On Apr 29, 2008, at 1:44 PM, Jonathan Chetwynd wrote:

> your attitude and comment is what's obnoxious. the fact is that
> these users cannot easily communicate.
> as a company rep. this may be in particularly poor taste.

I think you need to read my message again.  I never said that there
was no need to communicate with users in this situation, what I said
was that I saw no particular value being provided by your signature in
this endeavor.  This is getting very far off topic now, but nowhere
did I dispute the usefulness of road signs, icons, and so on.   Email,
however, has its own conventions and long/pictographic signatures
which don't provide any real value for the majority of your readers
are frowned upon.  Flaming me won't change that in the slightest.

- Jordan