[Xquartz-dev] X11-2.2.1-rc2 and xorg-server-1.4.0-apple5

Brian Bender zt4q4o402 at sneakemail.com
Wed Apr 30 09:41:40 PDT 2008

On Wed, Apr 30, 2008 at 12:19 PM, Jeremy Huddleston
jeremyhu-at-apple.com |Xquartz-dev/personal|
<...> wrote:
>  Well then you probably had side-by-side with the top-edges aligned, right?
> That's the case wheren 1.4.0-apple4 worked. =/

They were side-by-side, but the top edges have always been uneven (see below)

>  Can you please run 'xev' or 'xinput list 2' and report what you see?

I ran xev and saw no mouse events at all, neither movement or buttons.

>  Also, what is your monitor configuration (where are they attached, which is
> primary)?  Did you start X11 after setting up the displays (we're not
> supporting hot-plugging yet).

I have a Macbook Pro with an external display plugged in. I have the
external screen configured to be to the left of the MBP's screen, with
its top edge about 40% higher than the MBP's screen (to match their
physical layout). The menubar and Dock are on the MBP screen. I didn't
hot-plug the external display; I'd actually cold-booted in this
configuration this morning (but I always restart X11.app after
changing my screen configuration anyway; changing that on the fly has
never worked very reliably with any version of X11.app AFAIK)

My layout looks like this: (might need to switch to a fixed font)
--------
|      |

where 'M' is the MBP's built-in display with the menubar and Dock, and
'S' is the external display.

I'll try playing with different screen configurations (left-right vs.
right-left, uneven top edges, etc.) and see if I can find a specific
part of that that causes it to not work.

 - Brian