[Xquartz-dev] 2.3.0 not playing well with spaces hot-key combination (locking control key)

Jeremy Huddleston jeremyhu at apple.com
Mon Aug 4 00:28:11 PDT 2008

In thinking about this, there might be a few things I expect I'll want
to know when I try this out tomorrow...

On Aug 3, 2008, at 17:39, Darren Nickerson wrote:
> 3. To test this, I quit RSIGuard (which was running in all spaces).
> I'm pleased to report that when I switched to a space where no
> applications were running, the problem disappeared. When I restarted
> RSIGuard (which runs on all spaces) the problem returned.

Is RSIGuard absolutely required, or can you get this to trigger if any
application (try TextEdit) is running on the "other" space?

> 4. If I do the keystrokes slowly as you have described, the problem
> does not occur. I start in the x windows spaces, then held CTRL,
> then hit arrow and held. Once in the new space I held both keys
> depressed for 2 seconds, and I noted the arrow (showing the
> transition I had just done) in the dock icon disappeared. Then I
> released CTRL, waited one second then released arrow. I repeated
> this sequence to get back to the original X11 space and I did not
> see the problem. I repeated this a few times to be sure.

Can you give me a sense of how quickly you tap and release the key
sequence?  Do you tend to quickly tap-release both keys?  Do you tend
to hold control and tap the number?  Do you tend to release the
control key before the number, or the other way around?

Thanks for your quick responses =)